St Ives exhibition firm expands as confidence returns
ST IVES-based exhibition design-and-build firm Korten says it has strengthened its design team to take advantage of new opportunities in the recovering economy.
Korten provides turnkey exhibition and event services to clients ranging from small local businesses to international corporations, and expects to create more than 100 installations on five continents in 2011.
Managing director Mark Starling said: “We are seeing encouraging signs that confidence is slowly returning to our customers. While budgets remain tight and value for money paramount, they are looking to return to the levels of exhibition and event marketing that we saw before the recession. At the same time, the rate of enquiries from new customers is steadily improving.
“We recognised a need to strengthen our design team if we are to maintain high levels of service and design innovation for our current customers at the same time as responding to new opportunities.”
He added: “After two difficult years of battening down the hatches, it is a real pleasure to be recruiting again.”
Korten is celebrating 50 years in business. “Innovation in design combined with investment in people and Equipment, sees the company set fair for the next 50,” Mr Starling said.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic