St Ives drop-in to beat the crunch
A FREE drop-in session for businesses to get advice about beating the recession is being held at Slepe Hall, St Ives, next Wednesday (April 22). Pam Edey, spokesman for St Ives Town Centre Initiative, said: In straightened times the independent shops and
A FREE drop-in session for businesses to get advice about beating the recession is being held at Slepe Hall, St Ives, next Wednesday (April 22).
Pam Edey, spokesman for St Ives Town Centre Initiative, said: "In straightened times the independent shops and services in St Ives are better placed than most in our area to weather the storm.
"With an above average footfall and retailers from outside the area still taking units in this delightful market town there are good reasons to be optimistic.
"However, the St Ives Town Initiative is well aware that in order to maintain this trend our businesses need to take advantage of every opportunity to engage the help of government and district agencies to minimise their overheads in the short term and access funds that may be available to them for longer-term planning."
You may also want to watch:
At the event there will be advice from Huntingdonshire District Council (on rates and taxes), Business Link, NatWest, Barclays, Huntingdonshire Regional College, Ewing Financial Services from St Ives, JobCentre Plus, and new business start-up advice from MWES in Huntingdon.
INFORMATION: The session runs from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 5 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 6 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton