St Ives drop-in to beat the crunch
A FREE drop-in session for businesses to get advice about beating the recession is being held at Slepe Hall, St Ives, next Wednesday (April 22). Pam Edey, spokesman for St Ives Town Centre Initiative, said: In straightened times the independent shops and
A FREE drop-in session for businesses to get advice about beating the recession is being held at Slepe Hall, St Ives, next Wednesday (April 22).
Pam Edey, spokesman for St Ives Town Centre Initiative, said: "In straightened times the independent shops and services in St Ives are better placed than most in our area to weather the storm.
"With an above average footfall and retailers from outside the area still taking units in this delightful market town there are good reasons to be optimistic.
"However, the St Ives Town Initiative is well aware that in order to maintain this trend our businesses need to take advantage of every opportunity to engage the help of government and district agencies to minimise their overheads in the short term and access funds that may be available to them for longer-term planning."
At the event there will be advice from Huntingdonshire District Council (on rates and taxes), Business Link, NatWest, Barclays, Huntingdonshire Regional College, Ewing Financial Services from St Ives, JobCentre Plus, and new business start-up advice from MWES in Huntingdon.
INFORMATION: The session runs from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald