St Ives chauffeurs drive to the rescue after volcano
THE travel disruption caused by Iceland s volcanic ash has not been bad news for all businesses – including one St Ives-based chauffer company. Flex-Able Group has been called upon to transfer customers to Brussels, Frankfurt and Zurich at short notice as
THE travel disruption caused by Iceland's volcanic ash has not been bad news for all businesses - including one St Ives-based chauffer company.
Flex-Able Group has been called upon to transfer customers to Brussels, Frankfurt and Zurich at short notice as a result of the disruption to air travel across Europe.
Richard Vanbergen, managing director of Flex-Able Group, said: "For some of our customers not travelling just wasn't an option - it was imperative that they were able to travel to the continent, whether it be to fulfil contractual obligations or secure new business."
By Monday, Flex-Able had already transferred 40 passengers in 11 journeys, with up to seven passengers from different companies sharing the journey to reduce costs.
You may also want to watch:
"As always we have reacted to our clients' needs and have been able to offer customers a guaranteed method of transport that they can be confident will see them make it to their most vital business engagements," said Mr Vanbergen.
He added that the company had been receiving enquiries from major blue-chip companies in the wake of the disruption.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week