St Ives amber gets green light
ST IVES S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor. Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality
ST IVES'S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor.
Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality amber products at affordable prices.
The family-run business originated eight years ago in Lithuania, where much of the amber used in the shop's products is sourced.
Owner Julia Shirley said: "I am delighted to have been able to open in the historic and picturesque town of St Ives. I believe the friendly, independent and individual boutique-style shops make St Ives stand out as an attractive shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
"We will offer an amazing array of hand-made amber jewellery in a variety of finishes and settings, amber crafts and even fossilised insects just like Jurassic Park," she added.
"We work extremely hard to keep our designs individual and fresh, and our amber masters are also able take on commission pieces. We welcome everyone, even if you just want to know more about the history of amber or its health and well-being properties."
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
INFORMATION: The company also has a website at www.amberparadise.com