St Ives amber gets green light
ST IVES S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor. Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality
ST IVES'S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor.
Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality amber products at affordable prices.
The family-run business originated eight years ago in Lithuania, where much of the amber used in the shop's products is sourced.
Owner Julia Shirley said: "I am delighted to have been able to open in the historic and picturesque town of St Ives. I believe the friendly, independent and individual boutique-style shops make St Ives stand out as an attractive shopping destination.
"We will offer an amazing array of hand-made amber jewellery in a variety of finishes and settings, amber crafts and even fossilised insects just like Jurassic Park," she added.
"We work extremely hard to keep our designs individual and fresh, and our amber masters are also able take on commission pieces. We welcome everyone, even if you just want to know more about the history of amber or its health and well-being properties."
- 1 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 2 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 5 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 8 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 9 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 10 St Ives ready for pre-season opener with Rushden & Higham
INFORMATION: The company also has a website at www.amberparadise.com