St Ives amber gets green light
ST IVES S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor. Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality
ST IVES'S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor.
Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality amber products at affordable prices.
The family-run business originated eight years ago in Lithuania, where much of the amber used in the shop's products is sourced.
Owner Julia Shirley said: "I am delighted to have been able to open in the historic and picturesque town of St Ives. I believe the friendly, independent and individual boutique-style shops make St Ives stand out as an attractive shopping destination.
You may also want to watch:
"We will offer an amazing array of hand-made amber jewellery in a variety of finishes and settings, amber crafts and even fossilised insects just like Jurassic Park," she added.
"We work extremely hard to keep our designs individual and fresh, and our amber masters are also able take on commission pieces. We welcome everyone, even if you just want to know more about the history of amber or its health and well-being properties."
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Advice on flood risk for Cambridgeshire businesses
INFORMATION: The company also has a website at www.amberparadise.com