St Ives amber gets green light
ST IVES S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor. Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality
ST IVES'S newest boutique jewellery and craft shop, Amber Paradise, opened its doors to the public on Saturday after being opened by the town mayor.
Councillor Brian Luter cut the ribbon at the Merryland shop, which promises to provide the highest quality amber products at affordable prices.
The family-run business originated eight years ago in Lithuania, where much of the amber used in the shop's products is sourced.
Owner Julia Shirley said: "I am delighted to have been able to open in the historic and picturesque town of St Ives. I believe the friendly, independent and individual boutique-style shops make St Ives stand out as an attractive shopping destination.
"We will offer an amazing array of hand-made amber jewellery in a variety of finishes and settings, amber crafts and even fossilised insects just like Jurassic Park," she added.
"We work extremely hard to keep our designs individual and fresh, and our amber masters are also able take on commission pieces. We welcome everyone, even if you just want to know more about the history of amber or its health and well-being properties."
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
INFORMATION: The company also has a website at www.amberparadise.com