Somersham firm is first with secure-accredited sliding door
A SOMERSHAM company that started life in a pig-shed in Willingham just six years ago has become the only firm in the country to achieve ‘Secured by Design’ accreditation for its timber folding sliding doors.
Kloeber UK Limited has grown to employ more than 30 people, based in Cambridgeshire and at two recently-opened London showrooms.
C-founder and now PR and marketing director Vanessa Morris said the process of acquiring accreditation from the Association of Chief Police Officers for the anti-burglar design had been a painful one for the multi-million pound company.
“They have to try to break through your doors several times, so it’s expensive and painful to watch them bash hell out of your product,” she said. “It’s a very vigorous process. They are asking companies such as ours to design out anything that would let burglars in.”
In Kloeber’s case that involves toughened glass with internal beading and hinges that cannot be reached from outside, as well as very secure locks.
“We’re a very busy company already, and I’m sure that, now that word of the Secured by Design accreditation is getting out, it will make a difference to sales,” Ms Morris added.
“We have a fabulous team of like-minded people who are trained to sell what best suits the client, even if it costs less.”
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
Although Klober started out producing only timber doors, it now also offers aluminium and composite products, as well as its Funkyfront contemporary entrance doors, designed by the client, which are also accredited.
INFORMATION: ACPO says that, one year alone, some 700,000 burglaries could be thwarted if appropriate security devices were installed, representing an annual saving of nearly �2billion. The Association of British Insurers has estimated that the introduction of Secured by Design standards across the UK would bring more than �3.2 billion worth of savings to the economy over 20 years