Somersham firm is first with secure-accredited sliding door
A SOMERSHAM company that started life in a pig-shed in Willingham just six years ago has become the only firm in the country to achieve ‘Secured by Design’ accreditation for its timber folding sliding doors.
Kloeber UK Limited has grown to employ more than 30 people, based in Cambridgeshire and at two recently-opened London showrooms.
C-founder and now PR and marketing director Vanessa Morris said the process of acquiring accreditation from the Association of Chief Police Officers for the anti-burglar design had been a painful one for the multi-million pound company.
“They have to try to break through your doors several times, so it’s expensive and painful to watch them bash hell out of your product,” she said. “It’s a very vigorous process. They are asking companies such as ours to design out anything that would let burglars in.”
In Kloeber’s case that involves toughened glass with internal beading and hinges that cannot be reached from outside, as well as very secure locks.
“We’re a very busy company already, and I’m sure that, now that word of the Secured by Design accreditation is getting out, it will make a difference to sales,” Ms Morris added.
“We have a fabulous team of like-minded people who are trained to sell what best suits the client, even if it costs less.”
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 Lack of dentists in Cambridgeshire sees people pulling their own teeth
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Eynesbury Rovers U8s enjoy 'one of greatest seasons in Hunts history'
Although Klober started out producing only timber doors, it now also offers aluminium and composite products, as well as its Funkyfront contemporary entrance doors, designed by the client, which are also accredited.
INFORMATION: ACPO says that, one year alone, some 700,000 burglaries could be thwarted if appropriate security devices were installed, representing an annual saving of nearly �2billion. The Association of British Insurers has estimated that the introduction of Secured by Design standards across the UK would bring more than �3.2 billion worth of savings to the economy over 20 years