Snow delays costing businesses - FSB
ONE in seven members of staff at small firms could not get to work due to heavy snow this winter, according to figures from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB). The figures were revealed as part of the FSB s Voice of Small Business survey. Businesses
ONE in seven members of staff at small firms could not get to work due to heavy snow this winter, according to figures from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).
The figures were revealed as part of the FSB's Voice of Small Business survey.
Businesses said staff were unable to get to work because of transport disruptions (29 per cent) and school closures (11 per cent).
In addition four in 10 small businesses said the snow-covered roads led to a disruption of business services and goods, three in 10 (29 per cent) saw a loss of growth and demand, 18 per cent lost access to business premises and 11 per cent had to close completely.
You may also want to watch:
The FSB said it wants to put a stop to the country grinding to a halt because of weather conditions.
It is calling for a national civil contingencies conference to bring together councils, regional development agencies, emergency services, school and teacher representatives, as well as business and relevant Government department representatives to find ways to keep Britain moving.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl