Snow delays costing businesses - FSB
ONE in seven members of staff at small firms could not get to work due to heavy snow this winter, according to figures from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB). The figures were revealed as part of the FSB s Voice of Small Business survey. Businesses
ONE in seven members of staff at small firms could not get to work due to heavy snow this winter, according to figures from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB).
The figures were revealed as part of the FSB's Voice of Small Business survey.
Businesses said staff were unable to get to work because of transport disruptions (29 per cent) and school closures (11 per cent).
In addition four in 10 small businesses said the snow-covered roads led to a disruption of business services and goods, three in 10 (29 per cent) saw a loss of growth and demand, 18 per cent lost access to business premises and 11 per cent had to close completely.
You may also want to watch:
The FSB said it wants to put a stop to the country grinding to a halt because of weather conditions.
It is calling for a national civil contingencies conference to bring together councils, regional development agencies, emergency services, school and teacher representatives, as well as business and relevant Government department representatives to find ways to keep Britain moving.
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 6 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 10 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton