Skp Rvg 2mr 10am. Mck Grg
NEED a skip? Have a text message or an e-mail. St Ives-based Mick George Limited, the East of England s biggest skip-hire company, has developed an innovative system of warning customers when to expect their containers – an idea that emerged from the comp
NEED a skip? Have a text message or an e-mail.
St Ives-based Mick George Limited, the East of England's biggest skip-hire company, has developed an innovative system of warning customers when to expect their containers - an idea that emerged from the company's staff suggestions scheme.
Finance director Jon Stump said: "We have implemented an automated system that confirms skip service details to our customers 24 hours in advance via a text message, e-mail or both. This communication operates as confirmation to the customer and provides further reassurance that their order is being fulfilled."
He said the company actively encouraged staff to develop ideas to improve customer service, and this idea came directly from that scheme. The technology was then developed in collaboration with the company's IT consultants.
You may also want to watch:
"This service is unique in our marketplace and, to our knowledge, is not offered by any other skip hire company. With thousands of skips being delivered and collected daily, the notification system offers benefits to both our customers and our internal operational procedures."
Mick George hopes the innovation will increase customer loyalty and attract new customers. A recent customer survey revealed that 98 per cent of respondents stated that they would use the company's service again and 96 per cent rated the company better than or equal to its competitors.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
"As technology and communications become ever more advanced, we want to make sure our systems communicate with customers in the most convenient and effective way," said Jon Stump. "Our text or email confirmation system appeals to our customers as it works in a manner they are becoming increasingly accustomed to."
INFORMATION: Skips can be hired from Mick George Ltd by calling 0800 587 3329, e-mailing email@example.com or by visiting the new website at www.mickgeorgeskips.co.uk