Skp Rvg 2mr 10am. Mck Grg
NEED a skip? Have a text message or an e-mail. St Ives-based Mick George Limited, the East of England s biggest skip-hire company, has developed an innovative system of warning customers when to expect their containers – an idea that emerged from the comp
NEED a skip? Have a text message or an e-mail.
St Ives-based Mick George Limited, the East of England's biggest skip-hire company, has developed an innovative system of warning customers when to expect their containers - an idea that emerged from the company's staff suggestions scheme.
Finance director Jon Stump said: "We have implemented an automated system that confirms skip service details to our customers 24 hours in advance via a text message, e-mail or both. This communication operates as confirmation to the customer and provides further reassurance that their order is being fulfilled."
He said the company actively encouraged staff to develop ideas to improve customer service, and this idea came directly from that scheme. The technology was then developed in collaboration with the company's IT consultants.
You may also want to watch:
"This service is unique in our marketplace and, to our knowledge, is not offered by any other skip hire company. With thousands of skips being delivered and collected daily, the notification system offers benefits to both our customers and our internal operational procedures."
Mick George hopes the innovation will increase customer loyalty and attract new customers. A recent customer survey revealed that 98 per cent of respondents stated that they would use the company's service again and 96 per cent rated the company better than or equal to its competitors.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
"As technology and communications become ever more advanced, we want to make sure our systems communicate with customers in the most convenient and effective way," said Jon Stump. "Our text or email confirmation system appeals to our customers as it works in a manner they are becoming increasingly accustomed to."
INFORMATION: Skips can be hired from Mick George Ltd by calling 0800 587 3329, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the new website at www.mickgeorgeskips.co.uk