Six-year programme to cut Hunts energy bills
AN INNOVATIVE insulation scheme being rolled out across the Eastern region could help householders in Huntingdonshire save on their energy bills this winter. CAN-East, the organisation representing the 47 local authorities across the East of England, is w
AN INNOVATIVE insulation scheme being rolled out across the Eastern region could help householders in Huntingdonshire save on their energy bills this winter.
CAN-East, the organisation representing the 47 local authorities across the East of England, is working to install insulation in every qualifying home in Huntingdonshire by 2015 - meaning householders could receive loft or cavity-wall insulation for �149, or even free in some cases.
Research shows that bill-payers can save up to �115 a year on the average heating cost of �767 by installing cavity wall or loft insulation.
The scheme, delivered by the Eastern Carbon Reduction Initiative (CRI) on behalf of CAN-East, will unlock the grant aid packages that are available to all for home insulation.
The two bodies are working with Huntingdonshire District Council aiming to reduce fuel poverty, domestic energy consumption and carbon emissions by helping households to adopt low-energy and renewable energy technology solutions.
As a first step, Eastern CRI will offer cavity-wall and loft insulation to every qualifying home in Huntingdonshire over the next six years through an approved installer.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
Eastern CRI programme director Bruce Pittingale said: "Insulation is the first step on a pathway for households to reduce energy consumption, eradicate fuel poverty, cut household bills and deliver carbon savings through the adoption of low-energy and renewable energy technology solutions."
INFORMATION: For further information and to get a free quote, visit www.easterncri.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 232 1677.