The racing partnership that is keeping business firmly in the fast lane
- Credit: Archant
A Sawtry firm which supplies parts to a Formula One racing team was keeping a keen eye on the British Grand Prix last weekend.
Codem Composites Limited provides carbon fibre components to the Force India team, whose drivers were in action at Silverstone over the weekend of July 7-8.
Kevin Doherty, managing director of Codem Composites, said: “Over the last few years we have been working with several of the F1 teams to provide numerous carbon fibre body parts, most notably to the Sahara Force India team.
“We love working with Force India because they continually challenge us to push our capabilities and ensure we stay at the leading edge of carbon fibre technology, using the latest materials and techniques.
“They have been very supportive of our efforts to raise awareness of our apprenticeship opportunities and provided one of their 2016 cars for a display at the Peterborough Mission Possible Careers Fair.”
Force India also supplied a simulator so the visitors to the fair were able to see what it would be like to drive an F1 car around the Silverstone track.
Bob Halliwell, production director of Sahara Force India, said: “We chose to work with Codem because they understand the demands of a Formula One team. We often have very tight deadlines and require creative solutions so we need a company we can rely on to meet our specialist requirements.”
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
Founded in 2009, Codem Composites is a technology business embedded in the market of carbon fibre component manufacture, serving the motorsport, satellite communications industry as well as other commercial and bespoke applications.
The predominant business offering is the design and manufacture of composite tooling and components using various materials, including carbon fibre, Kevlar, glass fibre, 3D printed plastics, titanium and metallic cores.
Codem employs about 30 staff at its Sawtry headquarters.