Sawtry businessmen swap suits for superhero outfits for racenight
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of Sawtry businessmen swapped their suits for superhero outfits for a charity racenight.
Members of the Sawtry Small Business Partnership (SSBP) were filmed taking in a series of races and activities ahead of Friday night’s event at Sawtry Community College. On the night guests will bet on who wins each event.
Money raised from the event, with a meal and disco, is split between Caresco and Sawtry First Responders, which SSBP has supported in recent years.
Ralph Maloney, chairman of the SSBP, said: “Last year we held the first night and we raised £800 and we hope to raise more this year. No-one knows the result of each activity except for the cameraman who decides so it will be a surprise to everyone.”
There is also a version of The Apprentice where teams took on tasks to raise money over the last three months. Judge Lord Saltstream, after the old name for Sawtry, will announce the winner on the evening. Around 150 tickets have been sold, but the group wants to sell 50 more by Friday.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: For tickets, £12, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 2 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 3 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 4 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 5 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 6 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 7 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 8 Fire service set to step in with vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village