Saints’ promise surprise - and maybe promotion - on Monday
ST NEOTS Town football supporters should be able to let out their bated breath on Easter Monday.
Away kit sponsors Blue Prawn Design, from Abbotsley, have had fans on the edge of their seats for the past six weeks, promising a major revelation just ahead of the local derby against Biggleswade on Monday that could see Saints promoted once again – to the Southern League Premier Division, just three steps away from League competition.
Their last promotion followed another local derby victory – against St Ives on Easter Monday just a year ago.
Blue Prawn managing director and founder Mark Davies has been teasing supporters since February with a countdown to the announcement to be made on Monday, whether or not the team goes on to seal its elevation to Premier status that afternoon.
The Easter Egg will be hatched at 1pm in the Gregory Suite at The Hunts Post Community Stadium at Rowley Park, ahead of the 3pm kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Davies, a previous Hunts Post Business Award winner, said enigmatically this week: “I can’t say what we’re going to be announcing, but it will be really important for the Saints’ future status and reputation. Fans should come along on Monday, when all will be revealed.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need