Revenue leaves seven staff in Huntingdonshire
HM Revenue and Customs now has just seven staff in its Huntingdon office, but has not plans to shut up shop in the town. The other 10 staff who were employed in the Chequers Court office – for which demolition and redevelopment plans have been expected fr
HM Revenue and Customs now has just seven staff in its Huntingdon office, but has not plans to shut up shop in the town.
The other 10 staff who were employed in the Chequers Court office - for which demolition and redevelopment plans have been expected from owners Churchmanor Estates for years - have already moved to other tax offices.
A spokesman for HMRC told The Hunts Post: "The seven staff currently based at Chequers Court run the public enquiry office. They will either stay in the same building or will move to new premises in the town.
"We are always reviewing staff numbers and can if necessary redeploy more if needed. At the moment the plan is to keep a physical presence in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"HMRC's change programme to make sure that the department has the right number of people, with the right skills, in the right places began in November 2006, and the decisions announced last Wednesday were made after an exhaustive regional review which ended in December 2008.
"By bringing staff together in larger teams and closing smaller offices HMRC will be able to deliver a better service to customers while delivering better value for money.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl