Reliable Hunts traders urged to join ‘confidence’ scheme
TRADERS in Huntingdonshire who wish to be able to describe themselves as ‘Trading Standards-approved’ can now apply to join Cambridgeshire County Council’s Buy With Confidence approved trader scheme.
Trading Standards will be running a week-long series of roadshows, which started in St Ives on Monday and continues tomorrow (Thursday) in St Neots, encouraging residents to use the local reliable traders who are scheme members and inviting more local traders to join.
The Buy With Confidence Scheme provides residents with an online database of local approved businesses that have undertaken to provide a quality service to customers and can be relied on to deliver on that promise.
Members can be found by visiting www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk, by calling Trading Standards advice partner on 08454 040506 or by visiting local libraries and asking staff to identify approved traders.
For businesses that wish to join, comprehensive information and application forms are available at www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk or by calling 0345 0455206.
Members of the public are also being called on to nominate traders to join the scheme by e-mailing the traders details to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Cambridgeshire Direct on 0345 0455206. Trading Standards will then contact the traders to invite them to apply.
“Buy With Confidence encourages businesses to comply with the spirit and letter of the law,” a county council spokesman explained.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
“Trading Standards carry out various checks on applicants before admitting them to the scheme. If any issues are found while carrying out these checks, advice will be offered to resolve these, supporting businesses to meet the requirements of the scheme.”
Benefits to members include being able to advertise their business as ‘Trading Standards-approved’, having their business details added to the Buy With Confidence database and being provided with an ongoing advice service from Trading Standards.
INFORMATION: Tomorrow’s St Neots roadshow is at Moore’s Walk between 10am and 3pm.