Pubs are a quality act
TWO Huntingdonshire pubs have made it into a new edition of a regional guide that recommends the quality of their real ale. The George Hotel in Huntingdon and the Royal Oak at Hail Weston appear in the Ale Trail guide to Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnsh
TWO Huntingdonshire pubs have made it into a new edition of a regional guide that recommends the quality of their real ale.
The George Hotel in Huntingdon and the Royal Oak at Hail Weston appear in the Ale Trail guide to Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire, newly published by real ale quality assessor Cask Marque.
The organisation says the guide lists only local pubs where the beer has been independently verified by an industry expert for its serving temperature, appearance, aroma and taste.
The two newcomers - pubs have to pass two inspections a year to qualify to stay in the guide - join the White Swan at Conington, near Fenstanton, the Barley Mow at Hartford, the Old Bridge and Victoria in Huntingdon, the Brampton Mill and Dragoon in Brampton, the Talbot and Bell in Stilton, the Nelson's Head and Royal Oak in St Ives, the Ferry Boat at Holywell, the Cambridgeshire Hunter in Eynesbury, the Barley Mow in St Neots, the Eaton Oak and White Horse in Eaton Socon and the Anchor in Little Paxton.
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors look for a spotlessly clean glass, good clarity in the beer, a fresh aroma, not acidic or musty, the right serving temperature - 11 to 13 degrees Celsius, and a cool, refreshing aftertaste.
INFORMATION: The Ale Trail is available free from each of the accredited pubs, which are listed at www.cask-marque.co.uk/pubs/map.php.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k