Property advice contract awarded for �multi-million schools programme
GODMANCHESTER-based planning consultancy John Martin and Associates has been awarded the contract to provide professional planning advice as part of the delivery of Cambridgeshire County Council s Building Schools for the Future (BSF) project in north Cam
GODMANCHESTER-based planning consultancy John Martin and Associates has been awarded the contract to provide professional planning advice as part of the delivery of Cambridgeshire County Council's Building Schools for the Future (BSF) project in north Cambridgeshire.
Building Schools for the Future is a national 15-year programme to raise educational achievement by rebuilding and upgrading schools to make them better places to learn in and to provide additional facilities for communities.
The Fenland area was chosen for the first tranche of the programme, with schools in March and Wisbech being the initial pilot schemes, followed by schools in Whittlesey and Chatteris.
It is expected that construction work will start on these schools in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Schools in Huntingdonshire and Cambridge, including St Peter's and St Neots Community College, are in the next phase, with work scheduled to start two years later.
"We hope to be engaged for the rest of the process as well," said John Martin's principal planner William Allwood.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week