Prism aims to become lean machine
STAFF at Prism Electronics in St Ives are training to improve their business techniques through the government-funded Techniques NVQ Level 2 in business improvement. The course will help employees to streamline their approach, in a process described as ma
STAFF at Prism Electronics in St Ives are training to improve their business techniques through the government-funded Techniques NVQ Level 2 in business improvement.
The course will help employees to streamline their approach, in a process described as making the business "leaner".
Eight delegates are taking the NVQs, including customer service administrators, production operatives, team leaders, logistics and process specialists.
The course is run with Cambridge Regional College, where the first session was held, with subsequent sessions being held at Prism's premises in St Ives.
You may also want to watch:
David Bance, Prism's head of operations, said: "The Business Improvement Techniques NVQ programme provides industry-standard qualifications centred on the proven tools and techniques of lean manufacturing.
"It is designed to support continuous improvement by promoting effective team working and developing lean skills across the Prism workforce.
- 1 New cafe bar set to move into former Dorothy Perkins store in St Neots
- 2 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 5 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 6 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
"The objective of the NVQ in Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) is to improve business performance as a whole. Staff will ensure leaner business practices to reduce waste and deliver the best possible service to our customers.