Plenty of skill-et on show at cooking competition as chef claims top award
- Credit: Archant
A young chef working at the Wyboston Lakes Resort has won a prestigious international award.
Leanna Bromley-Higgs fought off competition from a number of talented young chefs from around the world to win the IACC Copper Skillet Global Chef of the Year.
She received her award at the International Association of Conference Centres annual conference held in Philadelphia.
The international competition is designed to highlight the artistry and skills of IACC-member conference venue chefs from around the world and to honour their contributions.
Each chef was tasked with creating a dish using mystery ingredients, using two gas stoves with just two pans, aiming to present a restaurant-standard dish.
You may also want to watch:
Leanna joined the training centre team at Wyboston in 2014 and was quickly promoted to chef de partie.
Glen Corby, head chef at Wyboston, said: “Leanna always faces challenges with a smile on her face and a bounce in her stride. I feel this work ethic helps her to be so successful when representing Wyboston in culinary competitions.”
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Awards are nothing new for Leanna, who also won best main course in the Venues of Excellence cook and serve challenges in 2016.
Leanna was joined in Philadelphia by Wyboston Lakes managing director, Mark Jones who said: “Watching Leanne working alongside other talented chefs from other top venues was an incredibly proud moment and to win was an absolutely fantastic achievement. What a special moment for her and I am glad I was there to share it with her.”
For more information, visit www.wybostonlakes.co.uk.