Plenty of skill-et on show at cooking competition as chef claims top award
- Credit: Archant
A young chef working at the Wyboston Lakes Resort has won a prestigious international award.
Leanna Bromley-Higgs fought off competition from a number of talented young chefs from around the world to win the IACC Copper Skillet Global Chef of the Year.
She received her award at the International Association of Conference Centres annual conference held in Philadelphia.
The international competition is designed to highlight the artistry and skills of IACC-member conference venue chefs from around the world and to honour their contributions.
Each chef was tasked with creating a dish using mystery ingredients, using two gas stoves with just two pans, aiming to present a restaurant-standard dish.
Leanna joined the training centre team at Wyboston in 2014 and was quickly promoted to chef de partie.
Glen Corby, head chef at Wyboston, said: “Leanna always faces challenges with a smile on her face and a bounce in her stride. I feel this work ethic helps her to be so successful when representing Wyboston in culinary competitions.”
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 7 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 8 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
Awards are nothing new for Leanna, who also won best main course in the Venues of Excellence cook and serve challenges in 2016.
Leanna was joined in Philadelphia by Wyboston Lakes managing director, Mark Jones who said: “Watching Leanne working alongside other talented chefs from other top venues was an incredibly proud moment and to win was an absolutely fantastic achievement. What a special moment for her and I am glad I was there to share it with her.”
For more information, visit www.wybostonlakes.co.uk.