Plans to expand shopping area in Cambourne
THE shopping area of Cambourne is to expand with the addition of five large retails units on the High Street and Back Lane.
Newcrest Estates has applied for planning permission to build the units – which would both be roughly twice the size of current units in the High Street – between Cambridge Building Society and Sackville House.
There would also be three larger warehouse retail units opposite Morrisons petrol station on Back Lane.
South Cambridgeshire District Council, the planning authority for the area, has opened a 21-day consultation so residents and business owners can give their views on the proposals before any decision is made.
The consultation closes on Thursday, September 6.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To add your views, visit www.scambs.gov.uk/cambourne
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year