Plans to expand shopping area in Cambourne
THE shopping area of Cambourne is to expand with the addition of five large retails units on the High Street and Back Lane.
Newcrest Estates has applied for planning permission to build the units – which would both be roughly twice the size of current units in the High Street – between Cambridge Building Society and Sackville House.
There would also be three larger warehouse retail units opposite Morrisons petrol station on Back Lane.
South Cambridgeshire District Council, the planning authority for the area, has opened a 21-day consultation so residents and business owners can give their views on the proposals before any decision is made.
The consultation closes on Thursday, September 6.
INFORMATION: To add your views, visit www.scambs.gov.uk/cambourne
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks