Papworth Hotel sold
THE 20-bedroom Papworth Hotel, to the south of Papworth Everard, has been sold for about £1million. Mark Page, of agents Christie and Company, would not disclose the precise purchase price, but revealed the asking price had been at least £900,000. The sin
THE 20-bedroom Papworth Hotel, to the south of Papworth Everard, has been sold for about £1million.
Mark Page, of agents Christie and Company, would not disclose the precise purchase price, but revealed the asking price had been at least £900,000.
The single-storey building consists of three main wings in a triangular formation creating an inner courtyard, with parking.
All 20 of the letting bedrooms are en suite and there is also a reception hall, a bar area, a 50-cover restaurant, which is also used as a breakfast room, and a function room that provides seating for about 40.
A single-storey detached building to the rear of the hotel, with four bedrooms, is currently used as staff accommodation.
Mr Page, from Christie's Ipswich office, who handled the sale, said: "The marketing of Papworth Hotel resulted in more than 20 viewings and the purchaser was successful via a best-and-final bidding process.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 8 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
"The new owner is a restaurateur from Lincolnshire, who specialises in Oriental cuisine and plans to re-brand the existing Indian restaurant and upgrade the letting bedrooms.