Papworth Hotel sold
THE 20-bedroom Papworth Hotel, to the south of Papworth Everard, has been sold for about £1million. Mark Page, of agents Christie and Company, would not disclose the precise purchase price, but revealed the asking price had been at least £900,000. The sin
THE 20-bedroom Papworth Hotel, to the south of Papworth Everard, has been sold for about £1million.
Mark Page, of agents Christie and Company, would not disclose the precise purchase price, but revealed the asking price had been at least £900,000.
The single-storey building consists of three main wings in a triangular formation creating an inner courtyard, with parking.
All 20 of the letting bedrooms are en suite and there is also a reception hall, a bar area, a 50-cover restaurant, which is also used as a breakfast room, and a function room that provides seating for about 40.
You may also want to watch:
A single-storey detached building to the rear of the hotel, with four bedrooms, is currently used as staff accommodation.
Mr Page, from Christie's Ipswich office, who handled the sale, said: "The marketing of Papworth Hotel resulted in more than 20 viewings and the purchaser was successful via a best-and-final bidding process.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
"The new owner is a restaurateur from Lincolnshire, who specialises in Oriental cuisine and plans to re-brand the existing Indian restaurant and upgrade the letting bedrooms.