No tricks, just motoring truth
THE owner of Brampton s new one-stop shop for motorists says he aims to change the perceived reputation of the motor trade. Trevor Smith, who has moved into the motor trade from IT consultancy, believes this is not a lofty, but naive, aspiration but the b
THE owner of Brampton's new one-stop shop for motorists says he aims to change the perceived reputation of the motor trade.
Trevor Smith, who has moved into the motor trade from IT consultancy, believes this is not a lofty, but naive, aspiration but the basis of a sound long-haul business.
"I want to sell a customer a car, look after it for him and then sell him another one," he said. "And before I sell it I'll show him what's wrong with it, not just what's right. Then I'll fix it and guarantee it."
Brampton Auto Centre, incorporating The Kimbolton Carriage Company, opened last month on the site of the former Feltwell Nissan dealership on Buckden Road. It offers servicing, MOT testing, car washing and valeting, body repairs and car sales, the only outlet for such activities in one of Huntingdonshire's largest villages.
You may also want to watch:
The company will be offering rail commuters a lift to and from the station, which will save them a significant parking charge, while the seven employees work on the commuter's car during the day.
Mr Smith also plan to offer fleet operators a fixed-price valet service no matter how often their vehicles need sprucing up.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
"People say I don't know the tricks of the trade," he said. "My very point. I'm no Arthur Daley."
INFORMATION: Brampton Auto Centre is at Park View, Buckden Road, Brampton. Tel 01480 456100; fax 01480 454666; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org