No tricks, just motoring truth
THE owner of Brampton s new one-stop shop for motorists says he aims to change the perceived reputation of the motor trade. Trevor Smith, who has moved into the motor trade from IT consultancy, believes this is not a lofty, but naive, aspiration but the b
THE owner of Brampton's new one-stop shop for motorists says he aims to change the perceived reputation of the motor trade.
Trevor Smith, who has moved into the motor trade from IT consultancy, believes this is not a lofty, but naive, aspiration but the basis of a sound long-haul business.
"I want to sell a customer a car, look after it for him and then sell him another one," he said. "And before I sell it I'll show him what's wrong with it, not just what's right. Then I'll fix it and guarantee it."
Brampton Auto Centre, incorporating The Kimbolton Carriage Company, opened last month on the site of the former Feltwell Nissan dealership on Buckden Road. It offers servicing, MOT testing, car washing and valeting, body repairs and car sales, the only outlet for such activities in one of Huntingdonshire's largest villages.
The company will be offering rail commuters a lift to and from the station, which will save them a significant parking charge, while the seven employees work on the commuter's car during the day.
Mr Smith also plan to offer fleet operators a fixed-price valet service no matter how often their vehicles need sprucing up.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
"People say I don't know the tricks of the trade," he said. "My very point. I'm no Arthur Daley."
INFORMATION: Brampton Auto Centre is at Park View, Buckden Road, Brampton. Tel 01480 456100; fax 01480 454666; e-mail email@example.com