New phone-based advice service for very small Hunts firms
SMALL businesses in Cambridgeshire can now benefit from an extended specialist advice service launched by Business Link in the East of England.
Aimed at firms that employ up to five staff, the phone-based service will provide busy owners and managers with business advice and support during weekday evenings and on a Saturday, as well as weekdays.
“The team of 11 advisers are highly experienced; each have run their own business, been in the driving seat operating businesses for others, or in senior positions with major commercial operations,” Government-backed Business Link said.
“Specialisms within the business advice team include sales; marketing, including social media; technology; operations; financial and business planning; product development; HR and training.”
Malcolm Williamson, head of information and intelligence at Business Link, added: “Availability of time is a constant challenge when running a business, and we know that owners and managers of small businesses don’t just need access to advice during a normal working day.
“That’s why we’ve launched this dedicated, extended advice service; those holding the reins of small business can now also engage with an experienced adviser outside normal business hours, as well as on a Saturday.
“We know that businesses that seek our help have a 20 per cent higher survival rate than those that don’t. When one-to-one advice is sought with one of our advisers, that survival rate increases an additional 12 per cent.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“Simply put, businesses that receive advice from a Business Link adviser do better, which is why we’ve enhanced our service to meet the needs of Cambridgeshire small businesses.”
INFORMATION: To make an appointment with a Business Link adviser call 08457 17 16 15 between Monday and Friday, 9am to 5pm, or e-mail email@example.com