New Papworth post for health innovator
STUART Thomson has been appointed to the new role of head of medical technology at Health Enterprise East (HEE), the region s innovation hub at Papworth Hospital. Leading a team of innovation managers, Mr Thomson is responsible for developing the medical
STUART Thomson has been appointed to the new role of head of medical technology at Health Enterprise East (HEE), the region's innovation hub at Papworth Hospital.
Leading a team of innovation managers, Mr Thomson is responsible for developing the medical technology innovation portfolio by providing a range of support services including help with intellectual property issues, accessing suitable commercial partners and negotiating licences.
He is also leading a major initiative to promote the awareness of innovation among NHS staff. The Innovation Scout Programme involves recruiting and training representatives from the region's trusts who will champion innovation in their own workplace.
Mr Thomson joined HEE in 2005 as an innovation manager before being promoted in 2007 to the role of senior innovation manager.
You may also want to watch:
He holds a BSc in human bioscience, an MSc in the management of intellectual property and a diploma in European intellectual property law. His previous posts include information analyst at GlaxoSmithKline and medical information officer for infection control at SSL International.
Dr Anne Blackwood, HEE chief operating officer, said: "Medical technology is an increasingly important part of our innovation portfolio.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
"This new senior role will help us to realise our objectives in this area by identifying, protecting and exploiting IP in order to turn ideas into products that will improve the patient experience. With in-depth experience in this field, Stuart and his team are ideally placed to ensure that this is achieved.