New Papworth post for health innovator
STUART Thomson has been appointed to the new role of head of medical technology at Health Enterprise East (HEE), the region s innovation hub at Papworth Hospital. Leading a team of innovation managers, Mr Thomson is responsible for developing the medical
STUART Thomson has been appointed to the new role of head of medical technology at Health Enterprise East (HEE), the region's innovation hub at Papworth Hospital.
Leading a team of innovation managers, Mr Thomson is responsible for developing the medical technology innovation portfolio by providing a range of support services including help with intellectual property issues, accessing suitable commercial partners and negotiating licences.
He is also leading a major initiative to promote the awareness of innovation among NHS staff. The Innovation Scout Programme involves recruiting and training representatives from the region's trusts who will champion innovation in their own workplace.
Mr Thomson joined HEE in 2005 as an innovation manager before being promoted in 2007 to the role of senior innovation manager.
He holds a BSc in human bioscience, an MSc in the management of intellectual property and a diploma in European intellectual property law. His previous posts include information analyst at GlaxoSmithKline and medical information officer for infection control at SSL International.
Dr Anne Blackwood, HEE chief operating officer, said: "Medical technology is an increasingly important part of our innovation portfolio.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 7 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 8 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 9 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 10 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
"This new senior role will help us to realise our objectives in this area by identifying, protecting and exploiting IP in order to turn ideas into products that will improve the patient experience. With in-depth experience in this field, Stuart and his team are ideally placed to ensure that this is achieved.