New-look post office will open for longer in Somersham
- Credit: Archant
SOMERSHAM’s post office will be opening seven days a week when refurbishment work is completed on Friday (January 18).
Post Office Ltd said that the High Street branch would be opening an additional 65 hours a week and feature a new, open-plan environment once the work is finished.
Mark Lawrence, the regional network manager for south and east England, said: “We understand how important having a post office is to residents in Somersham and we are confident that the post office local service will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
He added: “This modernisation is part of a three-year investment programme, the largest in the history of the post office, that will see around 6,000 branches (about half the post office network) converting to new-style branches.
“The investment marks a commitment to no more branch closures.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The new opening hours will be Monday to Saturday, 6am intil 10pm, and Sunday 7am until 10pm.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise