New Hunts grime-bust firm already seeking expansion
AN ENTREPRENEUR from St Ives is swapping keyboards for cleaning products as he prepares to clean up with the launch of his own professional oven-valeting franchise. Mike Hankinson, 54, will manage and direct the operations of Ovenu, which will serve custo
AN ENTREPRENEUR from St Ives is swapping keyboards for cleaning products as he prepares to clean up with the launch of his own professional oven-valeting franchise.
Mike Hankinson, 54, will manage and direct the operations of Ovenu, which will serve customers throughout St Neots, Huntingdon, St Ives and Wisbech.
For the last 20 years, Mr Hankinson has worked as a computer software trainer, visiting local companies to providing training for employees. After leaving the job, he decided the time was right for his next challenge.
He now has ambitious plans to grow the business rapidly and to expand the team with the addition of a second technician.
Founded in 1994, Ovenu's environmentally-friendly service attracted more than 50,000 customers per year across the UK. The franchise model has been successfully replicated around the world, including Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Mr Hankinson said: "I had always wanted to be my own boss and being made redundant gave me the perfect opportunity to start out on my own.
- 1 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 2 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 3 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Tories defend record on council owned This Land
- 10 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
"I wanted to do something that was quite hands-on and practical and to capitalise on my customer service experience. There is a clear need in the region for professional domestic oven-valeting services, from not only households but lettings agents, schools and care homes, so it presents a perfect business opportunity. Cleaning the oven remains one of the most detested household chores, and now I can help take the DIY out of it."
INFORMATION: Call 0800 140 9800 or visit www.ovenu.co.uk