New Hunts grime-bust firm already seeking expansion
AN ENTREPRENEUR from St Ives is swapping keyboards for cleaning products as he prepares to clean up with the launch of his own professional oven-valeting franchise. Mike Hankinson, 54, will manage and direct the operations of Ovenu, which will serve custo
AN ENTREPRENEUR from St Ives is swapping keyboards for cleaning products as he prepares to clean up with the launch of his own professional oven-valeting franchise.
Mike Hankinson, 54, will manage and direct the operations of Ovenu, which will serve customers throughout St Neots, Huntingdon, St Ives and Wisbech.
For the last 20 years, Mr Hankinson has worked as a computer software trainer, visiting local companies to providing training for employees. After leaving the job, he decided the time was right for his next challenge.
He now has ambitious plans to grow the business rapidly and to expand the team with the addition of a second technician.
You may also want to watch:
Founded in 1994, Ovenu's environmentally-friendly service attracted more than 50,000 customers per year across the UK. The franchise model has been successfully replicated around the world, including Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
Mr Hankinson said: "I had always wanted to be my own boss and being made redundant gave me the perfect opportunity to start out on my own.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 9 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
"I wanted to do something that was quite hands-on and practical and to capitalise on my customer service experience. There is a clear need in the region for professional domestic oven-valeting services, from not only households but lettings agents, schools and care homes, so it presents a perfect business opportunity. Cleaning the oven remains one of the most detested household chores, and now I can help take the DIY out of it."
INFORMATION: Call 0800 140 9800 or visit www.ovenu.co.uk