New Huntingdon business park plans submitted
- Credit: Archant
PLANS for a business park at the north of Huntingdon that will create around 2,500 jobs have been revealed.
The planning team at Savills Cambridge has submitted outline planning permission for Washingley Farm Business Park to Huntingdonshire District Council on behalf of landowner St John’s College, part of Cambridge University.
The plans for the site, to the west of Ermine Business Park, have changed following a consultation at the end of last year and include bollards at the centre of the development to ensure traffic enters the site from Washingley Road and buildings will be positioned between their service yards and housing in Green End, Great Stukeley.
Planners have also included a progressive widening of the site frontage towards Great Stukeley to “provide a transitional environment when leaving and approaching the built up edge of Huntingdon”.
The Stukeleys Parish Council remains opposed to the plans and believes the proposals for Alconbury Weald now make the need for this development proposal redundant.
You may also want to watch:
Will Lusty, of Savills, said: “This submission is the culmination of a positive and collaborative process with the community and the district council, which we believe has resulted in a well-conceived plan that will bring around 2,500 jobs to Huntingdon.
“We have now reached the start of the formal planning process and we very much hope the council will be able to approve the planning application.”
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week