New Hinchingbrooke chief executive chosen
A PROFESSOR of healthcare management is to be the new chief executive of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Gerry McSorley, 53, will take over from Mark Millar on May 14 following Mr Millar s decision to step down after three years in charge. Mr McSorley is a visit
A PROFESSOR of healthcare management is to be the new chief executive of Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Gerry McSorley, 53, will take over from Mark Millar on May 14 following Mr Millar's decision to step down after three years in charge.
Mr McSorley is a visiting professor in healthcare management and leadership at the University of Lincoln and lives in Leicestershire.
He will be on a one-year fixed term contract as the NHS searches for a private company to manage the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McSorley has previously held chief executive positions at hospitals including Nottingham City, Leicester General and Derby City General.
He has a doctorate in business administration and is a past president of the Institute of Healthcare Management.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
Sue Smith, chairman of Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust, said: "Gerry has a vast amount of NHS leadership and hospital experience and I am confident that this experience will help him lead the trust through the Hinchingbrooke Next Steps process."
Mr McSorley said: "I am absolutely delighted to accept this position and look forward to working with the trust board and all staff on the provision of high quality services for our patients.