New Hinchingbrooke chief executive chosen
A PROFESSOR of healthcare management is to be the new chief executive of Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Gerry McSorley, 53, will take over from Mark Millar on May 14 following Mr Millar s decision to step down after three years in charge. Mr McSorley is a visit
A PROFESSOR of healthcare management is to be the new chief executive of Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Gerry McSorley, 53, will take over from Mark Millar on May 14 following Mr Millar's decision to step down after three years in charge.
Mr McSorley is a visiting professor in healthcare management and leadership at the University of Lincoln and lives in Leicestershire.
He will be on a one-year fixed term contract as the NHS searches for a private company to manage the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McSorley has previously held chief executive positions at hospitals including Nottingham City, Leicester General and Derby City General.
He has a doctorate in business administration and is a past president of the Institute of Healthcare Management.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
Sue Smith, chairman of Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust, said: "Gerry has a vast amount of NHS leadership and hospital experience and I am confident that this experience will help him lead the trust through the Hinchingbrooke Next Steps process."
Mr McSorley said: "I am absolutely delighted to accept this position and look forward to working with the trust board and all staff on the provision of high quality services for our patients.