New conference venue for St Neots
ST NEOTS is about to get a new town centre conference and meeting centre for up to 70 delegates. The Bridge House, the riverside pub and restaurant believed to date from the 17th century and recently re-launched as a gastro-pub, is to make its under-used
ST NEOTS is about to get a new town centre conference and meeting centre for up to 70 delegates.
The Bridge House, the riverside pub and restaurant believed to date from the 17th century and recently re-launched as a gastro-pub, is to make its under-used weekday dining facilities available to companies in the area within the next two weeks.
Businesses that are looking to hold anything from sales meetings and training days to conferences and seminars off-site will also be able to take advantage of the landlady's extensive experience in the training field before she moved into catering.
Michelle Clayton told The Hunts Post: "Our restaurant is very good and it's very busy on Friday nights and at weekends. But I give the chefs days off on Monday and Tuesday, and the restaurant is quite quiet during the rest of the week.
You may also want to watch:
"So I'm paying rent for space in a prime location that's not being used to full capacity. And, apart from the Priory Centre, there are no facilities for conferences in the town centre."
Michelle, who took over the management last December, is canvassing 500 businesses in the area and has already starting getting enquiries.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
"Because of our position in the centre of St Neots town, we are ideally situated for local organisations to take meetings or conferences out of the office and, as the weather improves, our terrace is the perfect place to have a drink and unwind once the meeting is finished.
"I look forward to welcoming local businesses to the new service, and as a special launch offer I will be offering a 10 per cent discount to anyone who books in April and May".
INFORMATION: Michelle Clayton is on 01480 472044. The conference facilities will be available from Monday to Friday, except Friday evening.