MP to open college centre
HUNTINGDON S MP, Jonathan Djanogly, will officially open Huntingdonshire Regional College s Services to Business Centre on Friday. The opening will take place during a Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce networking breakfast at the college, when the MP wi
HUNTINGDON'S MP, Jonathan Djanogly, will officially open Huntingdonshire Regional College's Services to Business Centre on Friday.
The opening will take place during a Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce networking breakfast at the college, when the MP will answer questions on the emerging skills gap across the district, the implications for local companies and the strategies in place to tackle the issue.
The new centre has been set up to help local companies improve productivity and competitiveness by ensuring that they have staff with the skills to do the job. Training is tailored to the needs of individual businesses, taking place either in the workplace or in the college's California Road site.
It emerged from a partnership, set up through funding from the Learning and Skills Council, between Huntingdonshire Regional College, Cambridge Regional College and Peterborough Regional College, to offer professional management and leadership training and services.
You may also want to watch:
College principal Anne Constantine said: "The business centre also offers short courses for employers to develop their workforce skills and improve their business performance."
INFORMATION: The event, from 8.30am until 10am, costs £5 plus VAT.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity