More help for young Hunts unemployed
EVERY young person in Cambridgeshire who has been unemployed for six months or more, including 180 in Huntingdonshire, has been promised a job, training or work experience. The Young Person s Guarantee, supported by up to 470,000 opportunities nationally
EVERY young person in Cambridgeshire who has been unemployed for six months or more, including 180 in Huntingdonshire, has been promised a job, training or work experience.
The Young Person's Guarantee, supported by up to 470,000 opportunities nationally over the next 15 months, will help Cambridgeshire's long-term unemployed 18 to 24-year-olds.
As the guarantee becomes available across the UK, Ministers are calling for businesses to help by creating even more opportunities for young people. They will promise Government support to businesses who give young people a job, apprenticeship or internship.
Young people are already getting help from the major increase in education and training places this year, and the expansion of specialist help and support through job centres working with local employers, the Department for Work and Pensions said.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of thousands of young people have already received help to find work, training or an education place. However, Ministers believe more help is needed as the economy recovers to avoid the problem of youth unemployment continuing to rise for years after the recession has ended, a spokesman added.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl