Money For Jam
A former St Ives man has become managing director of the famous Tiptree jam-maker in Essex, Wilkin & Sons. Walter Scott attended the Abbey Grammar School, in Ramsey, before reading food science at Nottingham University. As a graduate trainee he was employ
A former St Ives man has become managing director of the famous Tiptree jam-maker in Essex, Wilkin & Sons.
Walter Scott attended the Abbey Grammar School, in Ramsey, before reading food science at Nottingham University. As a graduate trainee he was employed by Cadbury Schweppes, his jam-making career developed in another company where he was appointed production director making jams and marmalades, before joining Wilkin & Sons in 1985.
Formerly production director, Mr Scott was appointed managing director yesterday, January 1.
He joined the company as factory manager, taking up his production role in 1992, with overall control for the range of 100 products made at the Tiptree jam factory.
You may also want to watch:
"We have always ensured that the quality, the taste and the traditional methods of production remain constant," he said. "In the last 20 years there has been a remarkable increase in volume and we have expanded the ranges of jams, marmalades, sauces and Christmas puddings to meet UK and overseas demands".
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity