Michaela Strachan - the voice of Mick George
ONE of television s best-loved nature presenters, Michaela Strachan, is to be the voice behind St Ives transport company Mick George Ltd s new radio advertising campaign. The theme of the campaign, which is to promote Mick George s skip hire, is nature s
ONE of television's best-loved nature presenters, Michaela Strachan, is to be the voice behind St Ives transport company Mick George Ltd's new radio advertising campaign.
The theme of the campaign, which is to promote Mick George's skip hire, is "nature's dustbin". It is designed to draw attention to the environmental approach the company adopts in dealing with the many tonnes of waste it collects.
The ads required the recognisable voice of an authoritative nature presenter and Michaela Strachan was the automatic choice.
In the series of ads Michaela observes a species of the "Great Yellow-bellied Mick George Skip" that is "easily identifiable by its glossy yellow coat and unique markings" and which is considered to be "nature's dustbin". The creature is described in further ads as being "capable of consuming many times its own body weight".
You may also want to watch:
"We were delighted when Michaela agreed to be the voice in our new ad campaign," said managing director Mick George. "Her credentials as a presenter are impeccable, and we feel she reflects the environmental values that Mick George Ltd adheres to."
Mick George Ltd has invested significantly to ensure the environment is protected, a spokesman said. Investment has been made in improved recycling plant and machinery to divert substantial volumes of waste away from landfill.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
The company says it has a strong ethos regarding the minimisation of waste and currently recycles over 75 per cent of the waste material it collects.
The firm specialises in bulk excavation and earthmoving services, a range of skip hire and waste management services and aggregate supply. It began operating with a single tipper truck in 1978. The company's commercial fleet size has now grown to more than 90 HGVs.
INFORMATION: Mick George's new radio ads are on Heart FM in Peterborough, Northamptonshire and Cambridge. http://www.mickgeorge.co.uk