Michaela Strachan - the voice of Mick George
ONE of television s best-loved nature presenters, Michaela Strachan, is to be the voice behind St Ives transport company Mick George Ltd s new radio advertising campaign. The theme of the campaign, which is to promote Mick George s skip hire, is nature s
ONE of television's best-loved nature presenters, Michaela Strachan, is to be the voice behind St Ives transport company Mick George Ltd's new radio advertising campaign.
The theme of the campaign, which is to promote Mick George's skip hire, is "nature's dustbin". It is designed to draw attention to the environmental approach the company adopts in dealing with the many tonnes of waste it collects.
The ads required the recognisable voice of an authoritative nature presenter and Michaela Strachan was the automatic choice.
In the series of ads Michaela observes a species of the "Great Yellow-bellied Mick George Skip" that is "easily identifiable by its glossy yellow coat and unique markings" and which is considered to be "nature's dustbin". The creature is described in further ads as being "capable of consuming many times its own body weight".
You may also want to watch:
"We were delighted when Michaela agreed to be the voice in our new ad campaign," said managing director Mick George. "Her credentials as a presenter are impeccable, and we feel she reflects the environmental values that Mick George Ltd adheres to."
Mick George Ltd has invested significantly to ensure the environment is protected, a spokesman said. Investment has been made in improved recycling plant and machinery to divert substantial volumes of waste away from landfill.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
The company says it has a strong ethos regarding the minimisation of waste and currently recycles over 75 per cent of the waste material it collects.
The firm specialises in bulk excavation and earthmoving services, a range of skip hire and waste management services and aggregate supply. It began operating with a single tipper truck in 1978. The company's commercial fleet size has now grown to more than 90 HGVs.
INFORMATION: Mick George's new radio ads are on Heart FM in Peterborough, Northamptonshire and Cambridge. http://www.mickgeorge.co.uk