M/cycle firm launches round-Britain charity ride
A HUNTINGDON motorcycle importer is appealing for riders to take part in a round-Britain charity bike rally in October. ZingBikes, which started importing motorbikes and scooters from China last summer, has set up the week-long ZingBikes Adventures UK Cha
A HUNTINGDON motorcycle importer is appealing for riders to take part in a round-Britain charity bike rally in October.
ZingBikes, which started importing motorbikes and scooters from China last summer, has set up the week-long ZingBikes Adventures UK Charity Challenge from October 10 to 17 to raise money for road safety charities nationwide and encourage safe riding.
The company, based in Blackstone Road, is a subsidiary of Cellbond, which specialises in design, development and manufacture of technology-based composite structures for impact absorption in a wide range of industries, including automotive, rail and marine.
Both the parent company and its managing director, Mike Ashmead, are previous winners of The Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Awards.
ZingBikes is looking for keen motorcyclists of any level to join in experiencing coastlines, countryside and camping around the UK for an entry fee of �99, which includes all accommodation and food on the entertainment evenings. Zingbikes would also expect participants to raise money for charity by attracting sponsorship.
The eight-day journey starts by heading south to the coast and travelling west towards St Ives, Cornwall. Then, riding north through the West Country and Lancashire, the rally will cover Scotland before heading back south via Yorkshire and the Midlands. Stops include Brighton, Bournemouth, Gloucester, Blackpool, Cashel near Glasgow, Edinburgh, Nottingham and York.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Can you help welcome people to the Cromwell Museum?
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Couple walk 350 miles to St Neots to raise awareness for suicide prevention
All proceeds will be donated to various associations nationwide, including the Huntingdonshire-based emergency medical charity Magpas.
INFORMATION: For details or to sign up for a registration pack visit www.zingbikes.com or call Amy McGregor, marketing manager, on 01480 415044. Places are subject to availability on a first come first served basis. The company is at Unit B1, Spitfire Close, Ermine Business Park, Huntingdon PE29 6XY. http://www.zingbikes.com/.