Luminus shortlisted for another employer award
HUNTINGDON-based social landlord Luminus has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Employer of the Year category at the National Business Awards 2011.
The group, set up originally a dozen years ago to acquire and operate Huntingdonshire District Council’s social housing estate, has been a finalist in this category every year since 2005, winning the regional final in 2008.
Martin Stiven, vice-president of Business at Orange, sponsors of the awards said: “The National Business Awards, now in their 10th year, embody the core principles of business excellence, innovation and ethics, all of which are central to Orange’s company values.
“Reaching the finals of the National Business Awards is no mean feat, and I am delighted that the calibre of entrants keeps on improving. All finalists have demonstrated exceptional drive, resilience and innovation during challenging economic conditions.”
The Luminus team is now preparing to make their presentation before an independent expert judging panel on September 28.
You may also want to watch:
Luminus Group Chief Executive Chan Abraham said: “We look forward to demonstrating how we are inspiring and motivating our employees to provide premium brand services to our many customers.
“Our 2020 Vision: The Road to Renewal has encouraged our employees to look at their lives and think about what positive changes they can make to create a better world where they are.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
“We believe this is a fundamental responsibility of excellent employers in a modern society and we hope that many others will follow our lead. Inspirational employers are the only ones who can motivate their staff to give the very best, and it’s only inspired employers who can give excellent service.”
The winners will be announced at the National Business Awards gala dinner at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London, on Tuesday November 8, where George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, will deliver this year’s welcome address.
On the previous Friday, Mr Abraham is due to present the Luminus-sponsored Employer of the Year Award at The Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Awards 2011 in St Ives.