Luminus named UK's second-best company to work for
HUNTINGDONSHIRE S Luminus Group has been named in second place in the list of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, with chief executive Chan Abraham also receiving an individual honour for his leadership. Rising 10 places from the social landl
HUNTINGDONSHIRE'S Luminus Group has been named in second place in the list of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, with chief executive Chan Abraham also receiving an individual honour for his leadership.
Rising 10 places from the social landlord's 2009 placing, Luminus was awarded number one ranking for leadership, employee well-being and for the company's moral principles.
Mr Abraham was presented with the Leadership Special Award, awarded to the most inspirational chief executive, as judged by employees. He was praised for engaging with employees, and for operating an open-door policy.
Luminus was praised for the measures it takes to ensure its employees' well-being, including community events, pension scheme, and fitness and childcare provisions.
You may also want to watch:
A team of 20 Luminus representatives, including Mr Abraham, attended the awards ceremony Battersea Evolution Centre in London.
Mr Abraham said leadership was especially important in difficult economic conditions.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
"There are no shortcuts to being able to inspire your people and if it doesn't come from deep inside you then you either need to find out how you can change yourself or get another job that uses your skills better," he said.
"Uninspired leaders produce discouraged followers and UK plc is full of both. We need to change that.
"We believe in our people and are 100 per cent committed to them. This independent survey shows that the vast majority of our employees feel the same way. Luminus will continue to emphasise the value of good leaders and managers, and relentlessly pursue excellence for the benefit of our customers, employees and the wider communities.