Luminus named UK's second-best company to work for
HUNTINGDONSHIRE S Luminus Group has been named in second place in the list of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, with chief executive Chan Abraham also receiving an individual honour for his leadership. Rising 10 places from the social landl
HUNTINGDONSHIRE'S Luminus Group has been named in second place in the list of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, with chief executive Chan Abraham also receiving an individual honour for his leadership.
Rising 10 places from the social landlord's 2009 placing, Luminus was awarded number one ranking for leadership, employee well-being and for the company's moral principles.
Mr Abraham was presented with the Leadership Special Award, awarded to the most inspirational chief executive, as judged by employees. He was praised for engaging with employees, and for operating an open-door policy.
Luminus was praised for the measures it takes to ensure its employees' well-being, including community events, pension scheme, and fitness and childcare provisions.
You may also want to watch:
A team of 20 Luminus representatives, including Mr Abraham, attended the awards ceremony Battersea Evolution Centre in London.
Mr Abraham said leadership was especially important in difficult economic conditions.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
"There are no shortcuts to being able to inspire your people and if it doesn't come from deep inside you then you either need to find out how you can change yourself or get another job that uses your skills better," he said.
"Uninspired leaders produce discouraged followers and UK plc is full of both. We need to change that.
"We believe in our people and are 100 per cent committed to them. This independent survey shows that the vast majority of our employees feel the same way. Luminus will continue to emphasise the value of good leaders and managers, and relentlessly pursue excellence for the benefit of our customers, employees and the wider communities.