Low-cost home scheme extended in Hunts
THE extension of low-cost Government scheme could open home-ownership up to thousands of would-be homebuyers, including two sites in Huntingdonshire, according to house-builder David Wilson South Midlands. The HomeBuy Direct scheme enables people to move
THE extension of low-cost Government scheme could open home-ownership up to thousands of would-be homebuyers, including two sites in Huntingdonshire, according to house-builder David Wilson South Midlands.
The HomeBuy Direct scheme enables people to move into a new home for as little as �58,096 with virtually no deposit. It was supposed to end in March, but has now been extended by a year.
The scheme gives buyers the opportunity to move in for only 70 per cent of the price, with the remaining 30 per cent covered by a loan from Barratt and the Government's Homes and Communities Agency. Because a smaller mortgage is required, monthly repayments are much more affordable.
Jackie Day, sales director at David Wilson, said: "HomeBuy Direct can dramatically reduce the initial cost of house purchase and for people who are currently out of the market for whatever reason this is an outstanding opportunity to own their own home."
You may also want to watch:
HomeBuy Direct is open to a wide range of people who don't currently own their own home. Eligible households will be earning less than �60,000.
This deal is currently available at selected David Wilson developments throughout Cambridgeshire, including Cromwell Gardens in Godmanchester and Deer Park in St Neots.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years