Little Paxton firm nets �50m MoD deal
LITTLE Paxton technology company MASS Consultants Ltd has been awarded a nine-year Ministry of Defence support contract worth �50m. The contract will secure the future of 40 jobs at the firm until 2019, create several new jobs and enable to company to exp
LITTLE Paxton technology company MASS Consultants Ltd has been awarded a nine-year Ministry of Defence support contract worth �50m.
The contract will secure the future of 40 jobs at the firm until 2019, create several new jobs and enable to company to expand its current premises in Rampley Lane.
Leading a team including Hewlett Packard and Carillion Planned Maintenance, MASS will continue the work it has been carrying out since 2000 relating to secure MoD IT systems and software.
There will also be an optional five-year extension period at the end of the contract.
You may also want to watch:
MASS managing director Ashley Lane said: "We are successfully growing and expanding and this contract will have positive effects on the area.
"The award of this important contract is a testament to MASS's excellent performance over the last 10 years, and in particular our flexible partnering approach to deliver what the customer needs. The contract provides long-term stable income for MASS, underpinning its future performance.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours