Little Paxton firm nets �50m MoD deal
LITTLE Paxton technology company MASS Consultants Ltd has been awarded a nine-year Ministry of Defence support contract worth �50m. The contract will secure the future of 40 jobs at the firm until 2019, create several new jobs and enable to company to exp
LITTLE Paxton technology company MASS Consultants Ltd has been awarded a nine-year Ministry of Defence support contract worth �50m.
The contract will secure the future of 40 jobs at the firm until 2019, create several new jobs and enable to company to expand its current premises in Rampley Lane.
Leading a team including Hewlett Packard and Carillion Planned Maintenance, MASS will continue the work it has been carrying out since 2000 relating to secure MoD IT systems and software.
There will also be an optional five-year extension period at the end of the contract.
You may also want to watch:
MASS managing director Ashley Lane said: "We are successfully growing and expanding and this contract will have positive effects on the area.
"The award of this important contract is a testament to MASS's excellent performance over the last 10 years, and in particular our flexible partnering approach to deliver what the customer needs. The contract provides long-term stable income for MASS, underpinning its future performance.
- 1 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 2 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 3 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 4 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 5 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 6 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 7 Fire service set to step in with vaccine roll-out
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village