Le Mark pick up award for International Comms
HOUGHTON adhesive specialists Le Mark have won a prestigious prize at the UK Trade & Investment International (East of England) Passport to Export Trade Awards 2009. The group won the gong for Most Effective International Communications Award at the Glo
HOUGHTON adhesive specialists Le Mark have won a prestigious prize at the UK Trade & Investment International (East of England) Passport to Export Trade Awards 2009.
The group won the gong for "Most Effective International Communications Award" at the Global Opportunities conference, held in Newmarket on November 19.
Le Mark managing director Stuart Gibbons received the award from the Lord Digby Jones, Business Ambassador for UKTI and a former minister of state for Trade and director-general of the CBI.
Mr Gibbons said: "Winning an award of this magnitude and receiving it from Lord Jones was a personal thrill. It is testament to the hard work and innovative methods that Le Mark has committed to building an envious reputation for great products and service around the world."
You may also want to watch:
To support their international development, the management team at Le Mark looked to recruit native speakers to speak to customers in Poland, Russia and Latvia.
This project evolved further when Le Mark played host to visiting fire officer clients from EMERCOM Moscow Fire and Rescue Division. Le Mark has developed a special "super-tough" all-weather self-fusing tape to work in the extreme cold of a Russian winter.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 4 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 6 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 9 Letters to the Editor
- 10 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
Mr Gibbons added: "Despite difficult global trading conditions, Le Mark has continued to develop new products and increase our market share. I believe that this region continues to produce some of the best business.
"Despite the recession there continue to be opportunities for companies prepared to take the challenge and seek export opportunities. To do this each business needs to show a commercial "X Factor". I believe winning this award proves we definitely have it.