Le Mark pick up award for International Comms
HOUGHTON adhesive specialists Le Mark have won a prestigious prize at the UK Trade & Investment International (East of England) Passport to Export Trade Awards 2009. The group won the gong for Most Effective International Communications Award at the Glo
HOUGHTON adhesive specialists Le Mark have won a prestigious prize at the UK Trade & Investment International (East of England) Passport to Export Trade Awards 2009.
The group won the gong for "Most Effective International Communications Award" at the Global Opportunities conference, held in Newmarket on November 19.
Le Mark managing director Stuart Gibbons received the award from the Lord Digby Jones, Business Ambassador for UKTI and a former minister of state for Trade and director-general of the CBI.
Mr Gibbons said: "Winning an award of this magnitude and receiving it from Lord Jones was a personal thrill. It is testament to the hard work and innovative methods that Le Mark has committed to building an envious reputation for great products and service around the world."
You may also want to watch:
To support their international development, the management team at Le Mark looked to recruit native speakers to speak to customers in Poland, Russia and Latvia.
This project evolved further when Le Mark played host to visiting fire officer clients from EMERCOM Moscow Fire and Rescue Division. Le Mark has developed a special "super-tough" all-weather self-fusing tape to work in the extreme cold of a Russian winter.
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 3 Blue Beard! David dyes his beard bright blue to support MIND
- 4 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 5 Ramsey College takes part in international research project
- 6 Hunts churches taking part in worldwide bell ringing event
- 7 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 8 Freedom Day postponed - 'it's better to be safe than sorry', say readers
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
Mr Gibbons added: "Despite difficult global trading conditions, Le Mark has continued to develop new products and increase our market share. I believe that this region continues to produce some of the best business.
"Despite the recession there continue to be opportunities for companies prepared to take the challenge and seek export opportunities. To do this each business needs to show a commercial "X Factor". I believe winning this award proves we definitely have it.