Lawyers scoop £millions for clients
A LITTLE-known firm of St Neots solicitors has celebrated 20 years in the town by winning settlements totalling £12.5million in just the past two months. And it had to delay its anniversary party from Monday so that its two founding partners, Mark Scriven
A LITTLE-known firm of St Neots solicitors has celebrated 20 years in the town by winning settlements totalling £12.5million in just the past two months.
And it had to delay its anniversary party from Monday so that its two founding partners, Mark Scrivenger and Vicki Seabrook, could be at the High Court to hear a judge approve a settlement in a case involving a minor.
The two formerly London-based lawyers, who had worked for the Royal College of Nursing, set up their office in High Street on December 1, 1988 to specialise in clinical negligence cases. It moved to New Street in 1995.
Initially, much of the firm's work was in helping NHS trusts defend themselves against claims. But, when it lost the NHS work 10 years ago, it turned its guns on its former paymasters to represent claimants from the NHS and others in not just clinical negligence but personal injury litigation.
You may also want to watch:
Partner Marc Folgate, who joined Scrivenger Seabrook in 2001 to develop the personal injury side of the practice, told The Hunts Post: "It's very much a niche practice. There aren't many clinical litigation practices, particularly outside the major cities.
"Not a lot of people round here appreciate that they have this specialist firm on their doorstep. And in the two months leading up to our 20th anniversary we have brought in compensation of quite staggering proportions from some very complex cases."
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
He added: "It may be that there are people in St Neots who are not aware that in their very midst a specialist business has been created serving victims at the very highest level.
"The business has attracted visitors to St Neots who have never heard of the town before. The subject matter of our work also has an interest of its own."
INFORMATION: Scrivenger Seabrook, which has four partners and two other lawyers, is at Vernon House, 26 New Street, St Neots PE19 1BX: telephone 01480 214900: fax 01480 474833: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org