Hunts Post web finalist expanding steadily
A DESIGN agency founded only three years ago and shortlisted at last year s Business Awards is now working with Apple and Microsoft. Blue Prawn Design and Marketing was put in touch with the technology giants after signing a six-figure contract with techn
A DESIGN agency founded only three years ago and shortlisted at last year's Business Awards is now working with Apple and Microsoft.
Blue Prawn Design and Marketing was put in touch with the technology giants after signing a six-figure contract with technology product wholesalers Ingram Micro in March of this year.
Since being listed as finalists in website category at The Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Awards last year, Blue Prawn's base has moved into premises at the Creative Exchange in St Neots. It's this move that has helped the company go from strength to strength according to co-founder Mark Davies.
"Things have been going really well for us for quite some time. It was massive step to relocate my home-based business into the Creative Exchange, but it has been a huge success for us," said Mr Davies, who set up the company with Steven Titmus in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
"Reaching the finals of the Business Awards put us in touch with a lot of local businesses that we have since worked with, and gave us the confidence to tackle bigger projects.
"Moving into the Creative Exchange has given us the credibility to approach blue-chip companies. Rather than having people working remotely, we can now bring them in-house, sit down with them and work things through."
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 8 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 9 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
As well as multiple projects for Ingram, including in-house campaigns to motivate sales teams, Blue Prawn has designed retail advertising for Apple and is currently working with Microsoft on promotional materials for the launch of Windows 7.
The company also collaborates with Huntingdonshire District Council to promote the Creative Exchange and encourage more businesses to the building.
Blue Prawn plans to support its own growth by taking another office in the building, and is set to double its staff to six in the next few months.
"We want to hold on to the personal feel of Blue Prawn, because we feel that's what sets us apart. The judges at the business awards asked us how our approach would appeal to corporate customers, but we can already show that it has worked.
"Microsoft were impressed with our previous campaigns, and the approach that we took. Nothing is just bashed out here - people buy into the tone of voice, they buy into our approach and our creativity."