Hunts minimum wage crackdown warning
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has created a new enforcement team to crack down on employers who are failing to pay their workers the national minimum wage, warn Huntingdon-based accountant Haines Watts. The Dynamic Response Team will concentrate on the most
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has created a new enforcement team to crack down on employers who are failing to pay their workers the national minimum wage, warn Huntingdon-based accountant Haines Watts.
The Dynamic Response Team will concentrate on the most high-profile and complex cases, including those where employers seek to undercut their competitors by paying migrant workers at less than the statutory rate - a particular concern in many parts of Cambridgeshire.
Specialist officers will work with in conjunction with other Government departments and local authorities to deal with employers who are not complying with the regulations.
Business minister Pat McFadden said: "The Government and HMRC are doing more than ever to make sure that those entitled to the minimum wage are receiving it. Evasion hurts both workers and responsible employers who play by the rules, so we are stepping up our fight against non payment of the minimum wage."
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The current minimum wage rates are �5.80 an hour for adults, �4.83 for those aged 18-21, and �3.57 for 16-17-year-olds.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years