Hunts firms honoured
TEN companies from Huntingdonshire have been recognised after they notched up a combined 288 years membership of Cambridgeshire s longest-established networking organisation. Micro Analysis Consultants Ltd and Webtec Products Ltd, both based in St Ives,
TEN companies from Huntingdonshire have been recognised after they notched up a combined 288 years membership of Cambridgeshire's longest-established networking organisation.
Micro Analysis Consultants Ltd and Webtec Products Ltd, both based in St Ives, and Tait Europe Ltd, who can be found on Ermine Business Park, were among 63 companies who were honoured at an event last week that recognised long-standing members of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce.
The organisation, which operates five local chambers, including the Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce, organises over 150 events each year and recently launched a new networking opportunity for local businesses in St Neots in the form of a monthly informal networking evening.
Katie Hart, chairman of Huntingdonshire Chamber of Commerce, said: "It is great to see that, of the 63 companies who have been members of the chamber for over 25 years, 10 of those companies are based in Huntingdonshire. Networking is such an important part of developing a business, but it has to be seen as a long-term strategy. From the chambers' perspective, the number of companies that have remained members for over 25 years is a sure sign that as an organisation we are succeeding in meeting our objective of 'creating success for members'."
You may also want to watch:
Robert Taylor, managing director at Micro Analysis Consultants Ltd on St Ives Industrial Estate, was at the event to collect his award. He said: "Our company was founded by my father some 29 years ago, and it was his foresight that led us to being chamber members for 27 of those years.
"I have no doubt that the chamber has played an important role in the way the business has developed over that time, particularly in terms of our export activity. The chamber offers a great service to newly-established companies as well as those looking to expand, and it is a fantastic organisation to be affiliated with - undoubtedly an important part of running a successful business."
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 6 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 7 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Is this striking 20ft palm tree the biggest in Huntingdonshire?
John Bridge, chambers' chief executive, is pictured with Olivier Molinas of Tait Europe Ltd and Robert Taylor of Micro Analysis Consultants Ltd.