Hunts dealership scheme racking up the years
THE management team at car dealer Burton Brothers is celebrating after clocking up 176 years of service between them at the Vauxhall dealership on Bury Road in Ramsey.
Managing director Tony Burton started at the company 47 years ago and claims that his longevity is thanks to his team.
“We have a wealth of staff here who have been with us for many years. It’s these friends who really contribute to our success and continue to make it a pleasure to come to work day after day,” he said.
Parts manager Pete Eichner, a Burton Brothers veteran of 35 years, added: “I really enjoy the family atmosphere here – over the years you build good relationships with regular customers, suppliers and colleagues.”
Service manager Robert Proud has been with the company for 30 years, and sales director Roger Greenwood for 37 years.
He recalled: “When I first started at Burton Brothers, there were only 10 staff – today we employ nearly 30.”
The latest addition to the team is general manager Andy Howard, who has been with the retailer for 27 years.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
“We have held the Vauxhall Franchise for over 30 years and for me, it’s great to see the changes that Vauxhall has been through. The quality and styling of cars such as the Insignia and the Astra, and very soon the New Astra GTC, are incredible,” he said.