Hunts dealership scheme racking up the years
THE management team at car dealer Burton Brothers is celebrating after clocking up 176 years of service between them at the Vauxhall dealership on Bury Road in Ramsey.
Managing director Tony Burton started at the company 47 years ago and claims that his longevity is thanks to his team.
“We have a wealth of staff here who have been with us for many years. It’s these friends who really contribute to our success and continue to make it a pleasure to come to work day after day,” he said.
Parts manager Pete Eichner, a Burton Brothers veteran of 35 years, added: “I really enjoy the family atmosphere here – over the years you build good relationships with regular customers, suppliers and colleagues.”
Service manager Robert Proud has been with the company for 30 years, and sales director Roger Greenwood for 37 years.
You may also want to watch:
He recalled: “When I first started at Burton Brothers, there were only 10 staff – today we employ nearly 30.”
The latest addition to the team is general manager Andy Howard, who has been with the retailer for 27 years.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 8 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 9 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
“We have held the Vauxhall Franchise for over 30 years and for me, it’s great to see the changes that Vauxhall has been through. The quality and styling of cars such as the Insignia and the Astra, and very soon the New Astra GTC, are incredible,” he said.