Hunts council steps in to compensate for demise of Business Link
SMALL and emerging businesses are about to lose their free Government-backed business advice service, but Huntingdonshire District Council is trying to step into the breach with a low-cost alternative.
Delivered by St John’s Innovation Centre on behalf of HDC, the Boost your Business programme consists of a coaching programme and a series of workshops to develop essential skills.
It will replace advice that has previously been offered by Business Link, a service that disappears on November 25 as a result of Whitehall cuts.
The new coaching programme offers a number of companies the opportunity to attend an intensive planning day – facilitated by an accredited coach – to focus on strategic priorities for growth and develop a tailored action plan.
Selected companies will subsequently be offered the opportunity of up to four days of one-to-one coaching to help in the implementing their growth plans, at a greatly subsidised rate.
Boost your Business Skills is a series of workshops covering areas such as marketing, social media, raising finance and recruitment and will take place in Huntingdon and St Neots between next month and March 2012, with a charge of just �10 for each session.
Ben Hooson, senior economic development officer at HDC, said: “Through these initiatives Huntingdonshire-based businesses will have the opportunity to benefit from key specialist support to assist their development and growth.”
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
INFORMATION: More at www.stjohns.co.uk/boost-your-business or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Boost your Business Skills workshop will be: marketing strategy and planning, November 10, Pathfinder House, Huntingdon; sales and negotiations, November 23, Creative Exchange, St Neots; marketing your business on the web, December 7, Pathfinder House; social media: Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, December 13, Pathfinder House; growing your team, January 11, Creative Exchange; raising finance for business, January 27, Pathfinder House; presenting your business, February 7, Creative Exchange; networking for business, February 22, Creative Exchange.