Hunts Businessman of the Year launches networking event for EACH
- Credit: Archant
HUNTS Post Businessman of the Year Richard Vanbergen will launch his ‘Ultimate Networking Event’ in May, aiming to raise money for charity.
The Flex-Able Group managing director has organised Dame Evelyn Glennie, a world-renowned classical percussionist, and David Clarke, a senior partner of Clydesdale Bank and manager of the GB Paralympic blind football team, as motivational speakers.
The networking event, sponsored by Huntingdon Racecourse and Huntingdon Audi, also includes breakfast and the opportunity to network.
Mr Vanbergen said: “Networking through sessions like this is an important factor in doing business with people that you want to and they in turn want to work with you.
“Networking is about creating long-term business relationships, feeding ideas and working in an environment whereby most business owners can access concepts and thoughts for better trade and commercial links.”
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the May 16 event, at Huntingdon Racecourse will go towards the St Ives firm’s charity of the year – East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
“EACH provide amazing support for young people with life-threatening illnesses. Who knows what will touch our lives?” Mr Vanbergen added.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 8 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
“We have huge respect for the team at EACH, from fundraisers to carers. Their operating costs are £15,000 per day. Every pound counts towards their cause.”
Later in the year Mr Vanbergen hopes to run an evening event aimed at personal and executive assistants.
INFORMATION: The networking event runs from 8am until 10am. Tickets are £25 each. A small stand to exhibit costs £150 and includes a 2x1m stand and two entry tickets.
For details call Richard Vanbergen on 01480 890200 or visit www.ultimatenetworking.co.uk.
EACH is selling the tickets and exhibition spaces. The charity can be contacted on 01223 205180.