Hunts business fair aims to crack 500-visitor target
A SERIES of free business seminars will take place during the Huntingdonshire Business Fair on Thursday April 7.
The annual event, which is returning to Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester for the sixth consecutive year, attracted over 470 visitors last year and has local businesses lining up to showcase their products and services.
Organised in partnership by Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce and the Huntingdonshire Federation of Small Businesses, this year’s business fair is jointly sponsored by BrightVisions and Granite 5, who will also be offering free technical assistance to exhibiting companies. The organisers hope to top the 500-visitor mark this year.
The seminar programme includes tips on maximising the promotional benefits of Google Local Search, a no-nonsense evaluation of the emerging technology that is ‘cloud computing’ and an update on the current status of the Greater Cambridge-Greater Peterborough Local Enterprise Partnership.
The FSB will also be promoting a range of member benefits, including insurance, mailing, legal and financial services.
The chambers’ events and training co-ordinator, Maria Briggs, said: “Many companies use the exhibition to launch a new product, survey new markets, check out what the competition is up to as well as raise their company profile amongst the wider business community.
“Our sponsors BrightVisions and Granite 5 will even be offering a helping hand to exhibitors on the day to ensure that technical equipment is up and running and businesses can use IT to its full potential to showcase your products and services.”
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 3 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 New fleet for Huntingdon care provider
INFORMATION: A limited number of exhibition stands can still be booked, starting from �50 (plus VAT) for Chamber and FSB members for a 2Mx2m exhibition space.