Huntingdonshire retailers given £1,000 boost
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Retailers in Huntingdonshire have been given a £1,000 boost as well as discounted rates for businesses that move into vacant units.
On Thursday, Huntingdonshire District Council’s cabinet approved a policy to use discretionary powers to give small retailers up to £1,000 relief on their business rates.
The discount is available to retail properties with a rateable value of £50,000 and under and is subject to other rateable reliefs.
Councillors also agreed to give a 50 per cent discount businesses which move into retail premises that have been vacant for a year or more which can apply for up to 18 months.
Julia Barber, head of customer service, said: “This is really good news for the smaller shops, pubs, restaurants in our district and I encourage these ratepayers to visit the councils website to see if they qualify.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Businesses should call 01480 388030 to see if they qualify. Visit www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/retailrelief for application form.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years