Huntingdonshire retailers given £1,000 boost
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Retailers in Huntingdonshire have been given a £1,000 boost as well as discounted rates for businesses that move into vacant units.
On Thursday, Huntingdonshire District Council’s cabinet approved a policy to use discretionary powers to give small retailers up to £1,000 relief on their business rates.
The discount is available to retail properties with a rateable value of £50,000 and under and is subject to other rateable reliefs.
Councillors also agreed to give a 50 per cent discount businesses which move into retail premises that have been vacant for a year or more which can apply for up to 18 months.
Julia Barber, head of customer service, said: “This is really good news for the smaller shops, pubs, restaurants in our district and I encourage these ratepayers to visit the councils website to see if they qualify.”
INFORMATION: Businesses should call 01480 388030 to see if they qualify. Visit www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/retailrelief for application form.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 6 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 7 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 8 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?