Huntingdonshire Regional College wins Website of the Year
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESS WEBSITE OF THE YEAR Sponsored by Huntingdonshire District Council
Huntingdonshire Regional College picked up the best website accolade to become another two-award winner at the ceremony.
Rebecca Church led the six-month project to redesign the Huntingdon college’s website that had the users at the heart of what they wanted to achieve.
Ms Church, marketing and events officer, told The Hunts Post: “We looked at our existing users and we used analytics to see where our visitors were looking to come up with the design.
“We were able to map what they were interested in and made those easier to get to on the front of the website.
You may also want to watch:
“We also found that more and more people were using iPads, tablets and smartphones to look at our website, and we found that no other college had a website that could change its size, so this is something we wanted to achieve - to tailor our website to our students.”
The judges said: “This is a very robust entry and we think the website has absolutely delivered what the college set out to do. It is easy to navigate, has impact and appeals directly to its audience.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
“This entry showed research and development of a true understanding of audience needs before the project was commenced – this is vital for effective website development.
“Social media, mobile and tablet usage have all been accounted for and the site visitor figures are impressive.”
FINALISTS: The Old Bridge Hotel, BID Huntingdon Limited and Web2Market Limited.