Huntingdonshire Regional College wins Website of the Year
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESS WEBSITE OF THE YEAR Sponsored by Huntingdonshire District Council
Huntingdonshire Regional College picked up the best website accolade to become another two-award winner at the ceremony.
Rebecca Church led the six-month project to redesign the Huntingdon college’s website that had the users at the heart of what they wanted to achieve.
Ms Church, marketing and events officer, told The Hunts Post: “We looked at our existing users and we used analytics to see where our visitors were looking to come up with the design.
“We were able to map what they were interested in and made those easier to get to on the front of the website.
“We also found that more and more people were using iPads, tablets and smartphones to look at our website, and we found that no other college had a website that could change its size, so this is something we wanted to achieve - to tailor our website to our students.”
The judges said: “This is a very robust entry and we think the website has absolutely delivered what the college set out to do. It is easy to navigate, has impact and appeals directly to its audience.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
“This entry showed research and development of a true understanding of audience needs before the project was commenced – this is vital for effective website development.
“Social media, mobile and tablet usage have all been accounted for and the site visitor figures are impressive.”
FINALISTS: The Old Bridge Hotel, BID Huntingdon Limited and Web2Market Limited.