Huntingdonshire firm builds Sainsbury’s store in a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
Modular structure company Accio Group has built a supermarket in London in about two weeks.
The 30 steel modules were constructed and fitted wiht cabling, air conditioning cassettes and interior finishes at Accio’s base at Alconbury Airfield before they were transported to Battersea Park at night and fitted together to create a 1,100sqm Sainsbury’s superstore.
Sainsbury’s existing Nine Elms store is due to be demolished to make way for a new mixed-use development, including a new tube station.
On-site construction is expedited by Accio’s Leg Foundation System. The leg plates sit on the car park, which negates the need for foundation digging – saving an estimated four weeks’ groundwork time and heavy machinery disruption.
Building the modules off-site also makes significant savings as the construction programme continues regardless of weather conditions, which also means projects are delivered on schedule.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Casey, managing director, said: “This is a significant project, requiring detailed design planning, robust project management and a close working relationship with all contract partners, stakeholders and the client.
“The scale and complexity of this undertaking reinforces our reputation as the leading provider of demountable, modular-built retail structures in the UK.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
“We are delighted to be able to demonstrate our skills and expertise with our long-term client Sainsbury’s, where we have been a named supplier since 2009.”