Huntingdon plumber bathed in glory
- Credit: Archant
After coming up against some strong competition a plumber from Huntingdon has been crowned the best in the UK.
Josh Colbert, 24, has received the accolade of UK Plumber of the Year 2015 in the inaugural contest.
He said: “I’m completely overwhelmed to win, it still hasn’t sunk in. When I was selected in the top 10 I was shocked, but to get the call saying I had won was unbelievable.”
After getting through to the final 10 Josh embarked on a voting campaign to get as much support as possible.
“The support I have had from my family and friends has been fantastic and I can’t wait to tell my customers that I am the 2015 UK Plumber of the Year,” added Josh.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old went onto impress a judging panel at which he showcased his skill-set, passion for the trade, his ambition and forward-thinking.
Judge and managing director of JT Paul Crossley said: “Well done to Josh, and the other four finalists, we were very impressed with the interviews and would like to thank you all for their incredible levels of effort.”
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
Josh beat off Steward Norris from Boston, David Murray from Edinburgh, Paul Clarke from Billericay and Leigh Hattersley from Stoke-on-Trent to gain the title.
He has also been given over £5,000 worth of JT and Bristan products, a CAT smart-phone, Helly Hanson clothing and a C.K Magma Open Tote.
He added: “I’d also like to say a big thank you to the sponsors and the prize partners for their generous support.”
Sponsored by shower tray manufacturer JT and shower and tap company Bristan, the competition was launched on World Plumber Day to find and acknowledge the talents of the UK’s finest plumbers.
Craig Rendall, merchant sales director at Bristan, adds: “The calibre of entries has been outstanding and we have been overwhelmed by the high standard of work demonstrated by plumbers across the UK.”