Huntingdon MP visits solar company’s new office in Fenstanton
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly paid a visit to a solar carport company that has opened an office in Fenstanton.
FlexiSolar is a design, manufacturing and installation company specialising in the integration of solar panels, electric vehicle charging points and carports.
Mr Djanogly was keen to congratulate FlexiSolar for the impact it is already making in the market and to reiterate his support for the role FlexiSolar has in the renewables sector nationally.
Speaking during the official opening of the FlexiSolar office, the MP said: “I am proud to be here today to officially open FlexiSolar’s new office. The large scale generation of power through solar energy is an important development for the future and the FlexiSolar team have demonstrated that they are impressive UK innovators with great ideas in the field. Recent funding from Innovate UK will help FlexiSolar to further build and grow the business; a business with a clear national remit but with a strong Huntingdonshire base.”
The FlexiSolar team and the Huntingdon MP were joined by senior leaders in business and innovation and a range of local stakeholders, all of whom attended the event to understand more about the work that this innovative company is undertaking across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from Innovate UK were also in attendance, in light of their recent backing for FlexiSolar. The company works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy.
Speaking of the key role FlexiSolar will have in the emerging electric car market, Tim Evans, chief executive of FlexiSolar said: “With the recent announcement by the current Government to end the production of new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, global motoring manufacturers are switching their focus to electric only production. Ownership of electric vehicles is set to increase significantly in the next few years and powering these cars on a large scale will be essential – which is exactly what FlexiSolar solar carports will provide.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Cambridgeshire County Council has secured planning permission for a 500-bay solar carport installation at the St Ives Park & Ride, combined with battery storage and EV charge-points. FlexiSolar hope to supply materials and expertise to this project.